Monday, August 13, 2012

Tool # 10

Appropriate use of technology is a must with students. I want my students to be able to detect online bullying and harassment. Sometimes it is evident but not always. Also, the students should be aware that texting and emailing can be interpreted in different ways. So, students should make sure that any information they send should be done so appropriately.
As one of the tools, I will use i-safe. This will the students and me with internet etiquette.
To teach the students I will discuss and give examples of proper etiquette once a week at the beginning of the school year.
As far as parent instruction, I will discuss the reasons for monitoring students and how to monitor. This will go along with the Spring Branch acceptable policy that each parent and child receives.

No comments:

Post a Comment